Monday, March 30, 2009

Everything Old Is New Again EXTENDED: April 13





ANNOUNCING THE 1ST ANNUAL
EVERYTHING OLD IS NEW AGAIN

VINTAGE RECIPE CONTEST


We are celebrating Spring with Everything Old Is New Again: A vintage recipe contest. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS EXTENDED TO APRIL 13.

To participate in this contest, prepare and submit a recipe for a "vintage" dish that you would like to see come back into vogue again. You can think about what you may have eaten at your grandmother's table (old skool). Put a new spin on Aunt Toonta's Beet and Jello salad. Or go for something retro-cool. Maybe the hottest dinner party entree from the mod mod 70's. Entries are due on April 13 . You can submit them in 3 categories: Desserts (let's get the most important out of the way first ;), Main Courses, and Everything Else (salads, soups, appetizers, etc.) And yes, you can update your recipe to add your own special touch.

I'm hoping this will be a lot of fun! Did I mention there are fabulous prizes? I adore all things vintage.
My love for vintage things includes VINTAGE APRONS. And what better prizes to have for a vintage recipe contest than vintage-style aprons? Also, one lucky winner will receive his or her very own copy of Gloria Chadwick's brand new cookbook, Foods and Flavors of San Antonio!


These 3 FABULOUS VINTAGE-STYLE APRONS
will be given to the lucky winner in each of our 3 categories.

Gents, don't despair: there's something here for you too!

SO LET'S DRAG OUT THOSE OLD RECIPE CARDS AND GET COOKIN'!

CONFECTIONS & CUPCAKES
from
Handmaiden's Cottage


CHERRY PICKED AND LABELED
from
Handmaiden's Cottage

Now for you spicy ladies, check out:

THE VIXEN
From Carolyn's Kitchen


I have received all 3 aprons, and I can tell you, they are gorgeous! The amount of detail that has gone into each of them is amazing! I recently ordered a couple of aprons for myself from Lynne at Handmaiden's Cottage, and I have really been enjoying them!



SO, HERE'S HOW TO ENTER
The Everything Old Is New Again Vintage Recipe Contest

Submit a comment to this post stating which apron best suits your personality and why. Prepare a "vintage" recipe, post it to your blog (new posts only, please??), and link to this post.
By vintage, I mean a recipe popular earlier than 1990 (or a recipe published prior to 1990).
In addition, send me an email with subject line EONA to DomestickMuse at gmail dot com. In the email, please give me your name, the name of your blog, the name of your dish, the category you are entering (Desserts, Main Courses, or Everything Else), a link to your post, and a photo of your recipe. In addition, a short paragraph about this history of your dish would be great! This contest ends on April 13. Winners will be selected randomly in each category

In fact, I have a 4th prize, the Mr./Ms. Congeniality Award. This will go to the person exhibiting the greatest sense of fun and panache in their contest entry! And what is this award, you may ask? It's a copy of Gloria Chadwick's wonderful new cookbook,

Happy cooking, All!

Love those aprons? Want to see more apron action? Then just click on the photos below.

Lynn at Handmaiden'sCottage will be glad to help you!


And Carolyn's Kitchen (Hot-Cha-Cha)


7 comments:

  1. sounds fun but I have no idea what recipe is old. I am not an apron wearer either. Cute ones though!! Saw you on SITS roll call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into aprons but I'm revamping a vintage recipe right now -- it's cooking in the oven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cupcake apron! Getting my recipe together ASAP! Great idea...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for extending this challenge as I really want to participate but didn't have time! Now, which to choose from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this contest, it made me dig out old cookbooks and think about things that inspired me to love cooking! Besides that, those aprons are soo cute! I love the Vixen, something about the stripes, plus who wouldn't want to be a Vixen in the Kitchen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the confections apron -- I love the black and white and pink!! I posted my unofficial entry today!! It was really good! Thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "Vixen" - my first recipe is heading your way. I'll have one other later in the week.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead! Make my day! I LOVE comments!

I try to respond to every comment. I usually answer comments Right Here, so check back. If you are new to DomesticMuse, Welcome, and I will be by to visit your blog soon!


Chi miigwetch SCL: thank you to my son for creating this logo
CLICK to enlarge image