Thursday, August 20, 2009

DF19: Brave New Fast Food

I totally forgot to bring my camera with me today. It's been a loooong day. I got up at 6 to do some urgent email business, left the motel at 8:30 to head to the host library site, spent the day interviewing staff and looking at workflows, and have been writing recommendations since I got back to my room at 7 p.m. It's now 10 p.m. I am ready for bed!

Not much interesting to report, foodwise. Breakfast at the motel was the same as yesterday. For lunch, I actually braved a fast food restaurant. I went to Wendy's with a couple of staff members from the host library. Since I can't eat fries or dairy, and white bread isn't terribly good for me either, I wasn't sure I'd find anything to eat. Then I remembered Wendy's has chili. So lunch was a large chili and a diet Coke. I don't know what I would have done if I'd had to eat at McDonald's.

For dinner, I headed to a Mimi's Cafe, (the staff members gave me the 411 on better-quality chains in Waldorf) but when I got there, I just wasn't feeling it. I really wanted Italian. So back to the Olive Garden.

Tonight I tried the Roasted Portobello Mushroom Marinara sauce, meatballs, and penne pasta. It was one of the "never-ending pasta bowl" selections. It was a pretty good deal for $8.95, plus $2 for unlimited meatballs. I was totally full after one fairly modest size bowl of pasta and didn't order any refills. The sauce was pretty good, but I think I still like the plain old meat sauce best! Did I let the fact that I'm not supposed to eat white bread stop me from eating bread sticks? I fear not. My poor pancreas.

Next week I'm going to get back into my fitness routine. Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead! Make my day! I LOVE comments!

I try to respond to every comment. I usually answer comments Right Here, so check back. If you are new to DomesticMuse, Welcome, and I will be by to visit your blog soon!


Chi miigwetch SCL: thank you to my son for creating this logo
CLICK to enlarge image